What if Seekers, Doubters, Believers, Thinkers, Straight, Gay, Transgender, Men, Women, Conformist, Non-conformist, Christians, Atheists, Humanists, Young, Old, Lawyers, Theologians, Strange Minister Types…What if EVERYONE felt safe gathering in a space to drink beer and sing along with old school hymns and maybe a few classic rock tunes? No agenda, just a community sing-along to celebrate our differences and similarities?
Beer And Hymns seeks to do just that.
Today we explore this phenomenon and talk to Dave “Monkey Boy” Ball the founder of Beer and Hymns in UK, as well as Alex and Jen McLean and Mike Valentine who have just started up Beer and Hymns Temecula Valley.
If you have a story/perspective you’d like to share the invitation is always open.
You can leave a voicemail: 951-723-5586 or email a story or an audio file: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening/Closing music by Candlepark Stars
- “In The Sweet By and By” by Johnny Cash from the album My Mother’s Hymn Book.
- “Nothing But The Blood” by Wilder Adkins from the album Oak & Apple.
- “Just A Closer Walk” by Bifrost Arts (Featuring Damien Jurado & Rosie Thomas) from the album Come O Spirit.
- “Hard Times” by Bifrost Arts (Featuring David Bazan, Rosie Thomas & J. Tillman, Laura Gibson, John Totten & Chris Totten) from the album Come O Spirit.
Enjoy the show? Please consider becoming a Patron for $1/month for behind-the-scenes information and exclusives: Patreon.com/theaxpx